Happy Fall Y’all!
It’s time for PUMPKIN EVERYTHING…well, if you’re like me! This weekend I scoured the internet trying to find a pumpkin brownie recipe that met my specific dietary needs, low carb, grain free and preferably dairy free. I found a few that met certain parts of that list but nothing that fit it 100%, so like any low carb t1 diabetic, I improvised and came up with my own rendition that I’m happy to share with you!
The outcome was a fudgy brownie, perfectly paired with unsweetened vanilla almond milk!
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Walden Farms pancake syrup(this is sugar free)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree(not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp swerve sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
And if you want to get really fancy you could totally add 1/2c Lily’s chocolate chips, Lily’s are sweetened with stevia and erythritol so there’s a lower impact on blood sugar.
You can find the coconut flour and swerve here on my Amazon store http://astore.amazon.com/dorothyboot04-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=1
- Heat oven to 350 and use coconut oil to grease a 9×9 or 8×8 pan
- Mix wet ingredients together, then add in dry.
- Spread brownie mix evenly into greased pan.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes depending on your oven!
Makes 16 brownies and from my carb count that’s 4.125 carbs per brownie, with 3 of that coming from fiber. May vary for you based on the brand of ingredients you use!