Every single day you have the opportunity to start over, fresh slate, you’re brand new.
Don’t drag tomorrow, last week, last year into today. Don’t add worries about tomorrow, next week, next year into today.
To fully live a beautiful life, to appreciate life, to be happy, you must live in the present moment. You cannot go backwards in time and fix anything and going backwards will only cause you pain and suffering.
You cannot control the outcomes of the future fully. Don’t project your fear and worries forward into your life.
What you can do, is your best today. You can be immersed in each moment as they come. You can love deeply, smile wide, embrace each minute you’ve been gifted. Feel the sun on your skin, the wind in your hair, the beat of your heart in your chest. CHERISH RIGHT NOW!
All of this of course is a mindset shift and takes work, but it’s well worth it! So how do you change your mindset to become more positive, to release fear, to embrace happiness and thankfulness?
Here are a few tips on how to change your mindset:
- Practice Gratitude Multiple times a day. When you wake up in the morning express thanks that you’re opening your eyes again. That you have another day ahead of you. Take some time to journal three things you appreciate in your life, it doesn’t matter how big or small they are. As your day progresses, find things to be thankful for that you might have otherwise overlooked, like the smile from a stranger or someone holding the door for you.
- Do Something Nice for Someone Else. Big or small act it doesn’t matter. Start a chain reaction. Pay for someone’s coffee, help a co-worker that’s overwhelmed, pay a compliment to someone instead of keeping your thought to yourself.
- Turn Off the News and TV. Do you realize most of what you hear on the news is absolutely dreadful? It’s depressing and negative. Why inundate your brain with that? SKIP!
- Read More or Listen to Audios. Pick up a personal growth and development book! Gasp, you might have to walk into the “self help” section of the book store! But trust me, filling your brain with GOOD, positive information will transform your life. Pick books based on areas of your life you’d like to improve! If you’re not a reader, download audible or podcasts to listen to! Make your commuting time one of growth versus spending it scrolling Facebook. If you need suggestions feel free to message me. I probably own half of the books and audios at this point!
- Cut Down Your Social Media Time. Yup I’m going there! While social sites can be great, they can also be giant time sucks and ways to start feeling bad about yourself and comparing yourself to others. Remember that what people share on SM is their highlight reel! If you want to be part of social media sites, give yourself a time limit so you don’t get sucked in. Also, stop following people that leave you feeling less than or that you find yourself in a comparison game with or that post lots of negative things.
- Choose Your Circle Wisely. This is probably the hardest one you’ll have to work on. You’re most like the 5 people you spend time with. Start paying attention to those you socialize with on a regular basis. Are they negative or positive? Are they growing or stagnant? Are you in the comparison game with them? How do you feel in these relationships? Are they sucking your energy? Do you leave your time with these people feeling awful? If so, it’s time to find a new circle! Don’t feel bad about this!
Which tips are you going to start implementing?? I’d love to know! Leave me a comment below!